ASCETA Arochukwu Commences Strike, Lists 9 Touching Reasons
ASCETA NEWS: By Comr. Nnadozie Victor
|ASCETA School Gate
The Abia State College Of Education (Technical) Arochukwu, ASCETA have commenced a strike following the state and federal Government inability to meet demand.
In a statement made available to Arochukwu Blog, the Association Of College Of Education Academic Staff Union, COEASU have implored various means to reach out to state and Federal Government to come to their rescue and hear their Clarion call but to no avail.
The Chairman COEASU ASCETA Chapter reiterated that, the union has decided to commence a college strike starting from today, Tuesday June, 14th 2022.
Read The Statement Made Available To Aro Okeigbo Blog,
ABIA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), AROCHUKWU RESUMES STRIKE.
Having used every other means within our reach as a Union in trying to get our complaints resolved and the failure of the government to heed to our cries countless times, the Union has decided to declare a strike that commence Today Tuesday June 14, 2022.
Below are the cogent reasons for this action:
1. Failure of FG to constitute its own Team and commence renegotiation with COEASU.
2.Non release of N15 billion approved revitalization fund recommended for both Federal and State Colleges of Education.
3.Non –implementation of the consequential effect of the implementation of CONTISS15 on Lower Cadre (a.k.a. Migration) since 2018.
4.Poor Funding of Colleges of Education and poor conditions across State-owned Colleges of Education especially in Ogun, Kwara, Abia, Kogi, Zamfara, Yobe and Edo States.
5.Federal Government’s recalcitrant insistence on IPPIS against more reliable alternative of UTAS.
6. Failure in Upsetting Salary arrears that has accumulated to 29 months as at May, 2022.
7. Failure to pay workers with the appropriate salary structure (CONPCASS)
8. Failure to enshrine our institution as one of the institutions that are under the pension board (Since the inception of ASCETA, Staff work, retire and go home with no gratuity or pension).
9. Being delinquent in effecting the salaries of staff who got promoted since 2008.
If the government is able to meet with all our needs we assure you that we will call off our strike.
Kevin Onyema Egesi
Chairman, COEASU ASCETA Chapter.