The Aro People in Abia state Nigeria proves themselves as a kingdom whose cultural standards are of great value and regard. A typical Aro girl is said to be very industrious and hard-working. The average person is assumed to be Knowledgeable and hates being less busy in as much as they are hard – working.
The Aro ladies are one of the most beautiful ladies in the Igbo tribe. Therefore, a lot is expected of any man seeks to take one as a bride.
The Aro lady being well-trained, conscientious, beautiful as well as cooperative. These are the reasons that contributes to why their bride price is bit expensive if not the highest in Nigeria.
The giving out of bride price list to a groom or grooms family, has been in existence for a decade now. This practice is possibly a direct message to a potential boyfriend or admirer of a lady who seeks to take an Aro Lady for marriage.
READ ALSO: Igbo Traditional Marriage List
The list contents of some other Igbo communities has been said to chase away a couple of men from getting married to their Igbo brides. Below is the list content of one village in the Arochukwu Kingdom.
NOTE: Publishing of this list does not give you direct and correct list of the village that you wish to marry from Aro, because just like the faces and characters of Aro ladies differ so as our village and compound list also differ. meanwhile there may also be a change periodically on the lists of every village or compound. Despite you are seeing this list online it doesn’t stop you from paying the amount required of you before getting the list. Publishing this list is just to help you know what you are about to encounter in the process of marrying an Aro lady.
TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE LIST OF AROCHUKWU KINGDOM IN ABIA STATE.
1) INTRODUCTION: IHE AHURU NA ULO
a) one jar of palm wine
b) one crate of 7up product minerals
c) one crate of malt
d) two bottle of whisky
e)well cooked cooler of rice
2) GIVING OUT LIST
a) two bottles of schnapps
b) two thousand naira only
READ ALSO: Igbo Traditional Attire
3) MMAYI UBUBO
a)one bottle of schnapps
4)MMAYI AJUJU FOR THE PARENTS OF THE BRIDE
a) one bottle of whisky
b) one bottle of schnapp
c) two jars of palm wine
d) one hand, one leg of dried meat (aka na ukwu anu okpoo)
5) TRANSPORT FOR BRINGING OUT THE BRIDE
b) ikwa anu, negotiable by men @cash
c) ikwa anu negotiable by women #1000
6)IHU ONU AKU: one bottle of schnapp
7) IWU OKWU MMIRI: One botle of whisky
8) MMAYI NGANGA: six cartons of beer, 2 crate gulder, 2 crate of star, 2 crate of smal stout, six crate of minerals/malt
9) MONEY FOR OGBUTI ULO NTA: one thousand naira
10) MMAYI ADAIGHI UTO: men/women negotiable by cash
11) : negotiable by the person
12) MONEY 4 SIIKOYI AKPAGARATE AND SNUFF TOBBACO:
a) two thousand naira only for young men #2000
(b) for women: one thousand five hundred naira only #1,500
IBU MMAYI UKWU
AROCHUKWU DRINKING MARITAL WINE PROCEDURE REVISED APPROVED BY EZE OGO AND CABINET OJI OGO AND SIGNED BY EZEOGO AND THE HEAD OF THE VILLAGES IN ARO WITH EFFECT FROM 1ST OCTOBER 2003
1) CARRYING OF WINE: t total of 38 jars are needed, you are to buy 12 jars physically then 26 jars, you pay it with cash #600. Six hundred naira 4 each jar.
2) COLLECTING OF DATE/TIME: one botle of st. Remy brand or one thousand five hundred naira (cash)
3) SUPPORTING OF POT/ NVIYI MMAYI: the pot of wine is to be supported with two botles of scnapps. If u come later than the time you give #4000 (four thousand naira) only for your penaltz
4) WINE IS NOT SWEET: (#200) two hundred naira only
5) FOR SNUFF OJI OGO: one thousaod naira only #1000
6) FOR SIGARATES YOUTHS: one thousand naira #1000
7) WALKING STICK IS NOT FINE/NKPO ADIGI MMA #100 one humdred naira only
8) RE-FILLING OF THE POT/NWUJU MMANYA AROCHUKWU: 3jars of palm wine
9) APPRECIATION/MMANYA NGANGA: 6cartons of beer & 6 crates of minerals,2 carton of small stout, 2 carton of star beer, 2 cartons of gulder, 2 crates of malt, 4 crates of 7up, fanta, coke, minerals.
MOTHER INLAWS ENTITLEMENTS
A) one big george, one plain george
B) two wax prints, two blouses
C) one fine hand bag, two head ties
D) one pair of shoe, one fine umbrella
E) one wrist watch, one big basin
F) one metal bucket, one english mat
G) one big towel, two tins of big powder
H) 12 tablets of toilet soap
I) six bottles of pomade
J) necklace & ear-rings
FATHER INLAW ENTITLEMENT
A) One big chief jumper
B) one piece of plain george wrapper
C) one walking stick
D) one fine hat/one umbrella
E) one wrist watch
F) a pair of shoe/ a pair of sucks
G) a dozen of handkerchief
WOMEN COOKING REQUIREMENT
Two bags of rice, two bags of salt, one carton of bar soap, two bottles of curry, one rubber of red oil, one rubber of groundnut oil, 20 cups of pilled melon, four cups of achi seed, five cups of dried pepper, three packate of maggi/thyme, four tins of tomatoes (the biggest size), large quantity of fresh pepper, two bottles of curry, one bag of garri/fufu, large quantity of crayfish, 35 tubers of yam, four longs of stock fish, six big heads of stock fish, large quantity of onions, one basket of fresh tomatoes, two large goats, large quantity of dried fish, five heads of okazi leaves.
WOMEN IN THE KITCHEN
A) kitchen support #5000.00
B) two packets of cabin biscuit
C) two crates of minerals
D) one jar of tombo
E) One bottle of shcnapp