According to a recent study, Canada will soon lack 48,000 long-haul trucks by 2024. This is excellent news, especially for truckers. It also will create truck driver jobs for people who wish to Canada and work as truck drivers in Canada.
Canadian truckers are in high demand. Canadian authorities have assisted the growth by providing work visas to foreigners looking to be truckers in Canada.
Canada Employment for Truck Drivers Requirements (with Visa sponsorship)
Let’s take a look at the requirements to be able to get the Canadian Truck driver position. This will help you understand the need to be in the position of a Canadian Visa sponsor driver truck.
- The jobs for truck drivers in Canada have the following: permanent, full-time, overtime and weekend, day and night, and working in the evening.
- Possessing a high school diploma for this job is desirable but not essential.
- It’s an advantage to have some an experience in heavy-duty driving.
- Communication in functional or essential English is necessary.
- For this position, certifications, licenses, or memberships are required.
- You’ll need an active driver’s license (Class 1 or) and an Air Brake (Z Endorsement).
- Types of trucking and Equipment Types of Trucks and Equipment: flatbed trucks, tractor-trailers, or Straight trucks (or 4600kg+ and 10,000 pounds or more with 3+ axles).
- Security and security The essential security clearance, a criminal background check, driver’s record checks (abstract), a medical exam, and drug testing are all necessary.
- Information on transport and travel. I want to travel to any location in Canada and the United States. The ability to travel in the morning, evening, or night, and even overnight.
- Other: A legal permit to work in Canada will be required of applicants
- Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated vehicles to move products and items.
- Cargo loading and unloading, tarping, and providing cargo safety and security
- You can organize your trip paths and schedules.
- Atlases and other tools for planning are crucial for your trip and planning.
- Receive and forward information to the central dispatcher.
- Driving skills in a convoy or with two different drivers.
- It is essential to look over the vehicle and check its condition.
Top Canadian Training Programs for Truck Driver Jobs
Here’s the list of the best programs that can help you get an opportunity to work in the field of truck driving and get the proper visa to work in Canada.
British Columbia Truck Driver Jobs
A provincial truck driver program is offered in British Columbia.
Full-time employment in transport for the long haul is the ideal choice for those in entry-level and semi-skilled classes. The bank of jobs has over 400 job openings. Long-haul truckers can stay permanently in British Columbia. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
Quebec Truck Driver Jobs
Quebec is the top in truck driver jobs, with 837 jobs available. According to data from the Quebec government’s website on jobs, opportunities for truck drivers are “excellent”.
Access the Quebec website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
Ontario Truck Driver Jobs
The Ontario Immigrant Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream included a NOC Code for Transport Truck Drivers (7511) in the July 2019 edition.
It allows truck drivers with previous experience in Ontario to navigate a permanent residency straightforwardly.
Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
Alberta Truck Driver Jobs
Long-haul truckers are also highly sought-after under the Alberta Immigrant Program. There are more than 500 job openings. Truck drivers can qualify for Alberta Opportunity Stream, Alberta Opportunity Stream, and Alberta Express Entry.
Manitoba Truck Driver Jobs
Employers who want to recruit truckers from Manitoba must follow LMIA, the national Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for temporary Foreign Workers process. Employers can hire outside of the LMIA process via this program, known as the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, so long as they comply with all provincial labor laws.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador Truck Driver Jobs
It’s Newfoundland and Labrador’s province.
Newfoundland and Labrador’s Labour Market Outlook 2025 includes truck driving, a job requiring substantial immigration to fill vacant positions. Trucking companies must apply to become eligible employers for entry into the NLPNP skilled workers and Express Entry stream.
Saskatchewan Truck Driver Jobs
Saskatchewan Immigration also offers a sub-category that caters to long-haul truckers who are legally able to work within Canada. The occupation qualifies for the Express Entry and Occupations-In-Demand categories in Saskatchewan, each specific targeting occupation.
Nova Scotia Truck Driver Jobs
This Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations in-Demand stream is aimed at two positions Transportation truck driver (NOC 7511). This permits drivers to be permanent residents.
With this scheme, applicants can find a job as a vehicle driver and get a visa sponsor in Canada.
Canada’s Truck Drivers make a living.
Truck drivers earn an hourly wage that is competitive with averages at the national and province-wide standards.
Statistics Canada and Job Bank information indicate that although the median pay that truckers earn is less than the national average, it can still rise to more than $8 or $32 an hour, based on the situation.
The wages of truck drivers are expected to increase as the demand for workers increases in the coming years.
This article will assist you in locating a truck driver position in Canada that offers visa sponsorship to foreigners. This article highlighted the available possibilities and provided information on the programs available.