Our Election Was Inconclusive, PDP Should Reschedule Abia North Senatorial Election, Mao Did Not Win Me – Uko Nkole
As Published By Rt. Hon. Uko Nkole.
Read Publication Below,
ABIA NORTH SENATORIAL PRIMARY ELECTION WAS INCONCLUSIVE.
This is a first-hand eyewitness account of what transpired during the scheduled Senatorial Primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abia North Senatorial Zone.
1. As I was getting ready to head to the venue of the Primaries, my agents drew my attention to the fact that Mr. Godwin Ndom had been appointed the Returning Officer for the election by the State Party Leadership. Note that Mr. Ndom is a serving Commissioner in the Abia State Government and hails from Bende LGA, same Abia North Senatorial District and a known Coordinator for Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa’s campaign.
I drew the attention of the State Chairman of the Party, Rt. Hon. Allwell Asiforo Okere who agreed to change the returning officer.
2. On getting to the Ohafia LGA Secretariat venue of the Primary, I was about to settle down when I was informed that the list being used to accredit delegates at the gate had names different from what was sent to the party national secretariat in Abuja and strangers were being accredited. I moved in to enforce the usage of the actual delegate list .
3. After successful accreditation, voting commenced from Umunneochi LGA. After the Umunneochi Delegates had cast their votes, Godwin Ndom, who still came with the team from the Party Office, directed that counting of ballots should follow each LGA vote as against the known procedure of counting at the end of balloting while four LGAS of Ohafia , Isiukwuato, Bende and Arochukwu were yet to cast their votes.
4.I drew their attention to these obvious violations to both the party guidelines and extant laws governing elections in Nigeria.
5.At this point my opponent Mao Ohuabunwa rose up and physically confronted me and grabbed my shirt. He was assisted in this endeavour by Ikechi Patrick Anya. Seeing me being attacked, one of the Delegates present from my Constituency intervened on my behalf and demanded I be respected as a serving Member of the House of Representatives. Mao Ohuabunwa used his walking stick to smash the head of the Delegate while his thugs helped to tear the young man’s clothes and molest him.
5. At this point, Mao Ohuabunwa, in connivance with Ndom and his miscreants, personally grabbed the ballot box (bucket), available ballot papers and result sheets and ran out of the election venue after disrupting the entire process.
6.I have taken all necessary measures to ensure the processes is completed within the stipulated time.
7.I place it on record unequivocally that the Abia North Senatorial Zone Primary elections of the PDP, held on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 was inconclusive as the election materials were hijacked by Mao Ohuabunwa and Mr Ndom.
8. I call on our great party to do the needful and reschedule the Primaries to the earliest possible date so we can conclude the process.
9. I would like to profusely thank my supporters for maintaining peace at the face of the unwarranted provocations and assault and above all, delegates to the Abia North PDP Senatorial Primaries for showing uncommon determination and resoluteness to vote for me in the Primaries.
10.I was very encouraged and I have no doubt that certainly, justice shall not be seen to be done but SHALL BE DONE in record time,and I want to reassure you that you will still cast your votes for me.
11.This clarification has become necessary in view of the fact that the sponsor and beneficiary of this affront on our electoral processes, planned and premeditated this action knowing fully well that he is unpopular and to orchestrate chaos he hopes to benefit from.
The general public should not be deceived by his crude, frustrated and defeatist antics.
12. Thank you all.
Rt. Hon. Uko Ndukwe Nkole, FNITP Member Representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency and Aspirant, Abia North Senatorial Zone, PDP