After meeting an online lover, a man dies in a motel.

 Abdulwaheed Lamidi, 55, died while staying with his girlfriend at the City International Motel, Council Bus-Stop, in the Ikotun region of Lagos State.


PUNCH According to Metro, Lamidi and his 32-year-old boyfriend met online and agreed to engage in a romantic relationship following a series of conversations.

The couples’ relationship was claimed to have grown when they agreed to meet physically.


Our correspondent learned that the lady travelled from hr home in another state to meet Lamidi at the motel on Saturday.

The lovers were believed to have spent the night in a room together.

However, things changed on Sunday morning.

According to a source, the lovers were in the room when the girlfriend fled out to call for help.


He went on to say that when some motel personnel ran into the room, they discovered Lamidi motionless on the ground.

“The girl reported the man wanted to enter the toilet but slumped and fell on the ground, therefore he was apprehended.” A doctor from a nearby hospital was sent, and when he arrived at the room, he declared the man dead.

“The girl stated that she came to Lagos to see the man because he promised to marry her; she arrived with some property and intended to dwell in his house as his live-in lover.” They proceeded to the hotel instead of the man’s house, and they were in the room when the girl hurried out to call for aid because the man slumped.

“When everyone hurried inside the room, they discovered him comatose on the ground.” The incident occurred at approximately 8.40 a.m. on Sunday, however the girl arrived from another state on Saturday. “The girl stated that she met the man online and that they had been chatting,” the source continued.

The body was transferred to a morgue, while the woman was arrested and questioned.

SP Benjamin Hundeyin, the state Police Public Relations Officer who confirmed the event, stated that the suspect refused to include her parents in the investigation.

“We notified the deceased’s family, and they showed up,” he added. They’re only interested in getting their corpse. They stated that they were not interested in participating in any criminal probe, but the command is still reviewing their application through its legal department.

“A decision has not yet been made, but the body has been deposited in a mortuary.” The lady is still in our custody and has refused to provide us her family’s contact information because she does not want them to know what happened.”


Leave a Comment